sqlnet spx on SCO unix

From: Ken Huisman <ken_at_brule.forsci.ualberta.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 02:57:24 GMT

a while ago, someone told me that there was a bug in sqlnet spx that showed up on multiprocessor sco unix boxes - they said that basically something made it busy-wait he cpu and drag performance down to a crawl. I guess this was a sco-specific bug.

does anyone know if this bug has been fixed or not? we are getting in a dual-pentium machine that we will make our oracle server. SCO unix is one of the OS's that we are considering for use. we need multiprocessor support and ipx/spx under sqlnet 1.x ( we can't upgrade to sqlnet 2 due to backward compatibility problems with our primary software ).

anyone with any knowledge on ipx/spx on multiprocessor SCO boxes running oracle? id appreciate your feedback, thanks.

in addition, does anyone know if oracle CASE is available on solaris pc?

Ken

ken_at_forsci.ualberta.ca Received on Thu Nov 18 1993 - 03:57:24 CET

Original text of this message