Forms 3.0 and rollback segments

From: mike sullivan <sullivan_at_sytex.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 15:44:07 GMT

I'm using Forms3.0 and was wondering what the interaction of it and a rollback segment is. When I choose SAVE (saving the form changes), am I actually then committing all of my changes to the DB, thus, there will be no more "active rollback entries" in the segment I'm using? I'm the only user of the DB, so, just my FORMS transactions are occuring.

I ask this because when I did a save, I recevied the error that another extent could not be allocated to the segement I was assigned to (I had reached the maxextent limit). I thought rollback segments were "circular"- after data was written in the last segment, the first segment is then reused.

I've got 3 rollback segs (including system). The other 2 are 300k max in size and the system can be huge. I only am doing forms development now so I've kept the segments small - I guess too small?

---
sullivan_at_sytex.com (mike sullivan)
Access <=> Internet BBS, a public access internet site
Sytex Communications, Arlington VA, 1-703-528-4380