Re: How does EXEQRY work?

From: Andrew Finkenstadt <andy_at_vistachrome.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 02:17:03 GMT

mccabe_at_gdls.com (Harold McCabe) writes:
>How does EXEQRY ALL work? Does it work on the current block only?

Yes. It executes a query (and fires PRE-QUERY) on the current block. It retrieves all records (ALL) firing a POST-QUERY for each record and then navigates to the first record in the block.

>None of the Oracle documentation seems to be very clear.

Some. Not none. :-)

--
Andrew Finkenstadt  |  Systems Analyst, Homes & Land Publishing Corporation
+1 904-575-0189     |  GEnie Sysop