Question about the history of Oracle

From: Roger <smeaton_at_radonc.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1993 23:10:04 GMT

Can someone help me with a question about the history of the Oracle DBMS? I used Oracle between 1983 and 1986. What that version 4? I don't recall.

I would appreciate any information about when (in what year) the following versions of this DBMS were announced:

Oracle v4
Oracle v5
Oracle v6
Oracle v7

along with a brief (one paragraph) summary of what each new release added, in terms of functionality, user interface, performance, distributed databases, etc. And finally, how did the naming of the DDL and DML components change, for the benefit of someone who remembers Oracle's marketing nomenclature from the mid 1980s.

Thank you! Received on Tue Nov 09 1993 - 00:10:04 CET

Original text of this message