Re: SQL*REP - How to create rpt with fixed records/page

From: Heikki Rissanen <rissahe1_at_news.ougf.fi>
Date: 5 Nov 1993 10:47:39 +0200

Gv Fragante (fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca) wrote:
: Please help!

: I need to make a master-detail report with a fixed number of master records
: per page. Because the details can have a variable number of records, it's not
: so simple as setting the page margins to contain the fixed number of master
: records. (Both master and detail records use one line per record).

  I can't tell you how to decide the number of master record that can be   placed on one page. Maybe you can use use sql to find either the worst   case or a good guess.

  Generally I would never use RPT's own page counters. It't better to create   a rowcounter as a variable and add it every time that a row is printed and   force RPT to make page breaks when you want. This is much slower and more   worksam, but works better in the end.

Regards, Hessu

Heikki Rissanen, United Papermills, Rauma, Finland
Email: heikki.rissanen_at_ra.upm.tietotie.mailnet.fi