Re: Getting KEY-F5 trigger to fire in Forms 3.0

From: <hazledine_at_embl-heidelberg.de>
Date: 8 Oct 93 12:09:45 +0100

holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu (Richard D Holowczak) writes:

> A friend of mine "inherited" an application written in
> SQL*Forms 3.0 on Unix. The previous programmer used
> some trigger labled as: "KEY-F5" and "KEY-F6".
>
> No terminal definition I saw has the function codes
> Forms expects to fire these triggers. Anyone know
> what they might be ?
>
> In OraTerm, I say some labeld: Key-0 up to Key-9.
> I'm not sure if these are the same thing or not.

In our ORATERM.R resource file the "Product Key Names" in the "Key Mapping Definition" spreadsheet are "Key 0" to "Key 9", which are mapped to the "Device Key Names" "NK0" to "NK9". In the "Device Key Definition" spreadsheet the "Device Key Names" "NK0" to "NK9" are mapped to the corresponding physical escape sequences, and in the "Product Key Definition" spreadsheet the "Product Key Names" "Key 0" to "Key 9" are mapped to the appropriate "Function Code" values. Phew.

If the key triggers KEY-F5 and KEY-F6 aren't working you should check:

  1. Are the same "Product Key Names", such as "Key 0" to "Key 9", used in both the "Key Mapping Definition" and the "Product Key Definition" spreadsheets? The ASCII text used for the key names *must* be *identical* in both spredsheets.
  2. Similarly, the text used for the "Device Key Names" such as "NK0" to "NK9" *must* be *identical* in the "Key Mapping Definition" and "Device Key Definition" spreadsheets.
  3. Are the correct escape sequences, for the terminal type you have, stored in the "Device Key Definition" spreadsheet?
  4. If these keys are mapped to 0 to 9 on the numeric keypad (c.f. the escape sequences in the "Device Key Definition" spreadsheet), are you sure that the initialisation sequence sent to the terminal by SQL*Forms when it starts up is toggling the numeric keypad into application mode (which is what you need). You'll find the "Terminal setup" sequence in the "Device Display Definition" spreadsheet under Ora*Term's "Device" menu option.

What a pain this all is :-( Received on Fri Oct 08 1993 - 12:09:45 CET

Original text of this message