Using OCI for C++

From: Laura Roberts <infoman!laurar>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1993 16:36:11 GMT

    If your keeping up with all the mail, it's me (Laura Roberts) again pleading for help with the same problems I've previously discussed :

Has anyone used the OCI ORACLE Client Tools with C++?

Has anyone been able to pass an ldadef from one method to another? Has anyone been able to get anything but a character string from ofetch?

"Not I" says the cat.

    I've tried just about everything to keep an ORACLE login from the beginning of the application to the end (that is - an ldadef). Locking handles, locking objects, and created a global login have not helped. Right now I'm logging in every time I make a query so that the ldadef remains local (by the way, I'm sadly disappointed with their OCI example which is written entirely in main()). This wastes 2 seconds for every query. I need speed! Please Help.

    For the character string problem - I'm passing a dereferenced, locked handle to ORACLE with the correct type I'm expecting back. Unfortunately, ofetch returns garbage. I'm expecting an integer of the value 5 and I'm getting -1398720345. Perhaps it's something I'm doing, but I just don't see it. Even when I pass it a long or an int I get trash. Kudos to anyone who has this working.

    Any replies will be appreciated.
    Thanks, Laura

Laura S. Roberts
Information Management, Inc.
One Dectur Towncenter
150 E. Ponce De Leon Avenue
Suite 430
Decatur, Georgia 30030
(404) 377-4840
laurar_at_infoman.com Received on Tue Oct 05 1993 - 17:36:11 CET

Original text of this message