Re: Oracle Report*Writer Question - '.' in char fields.

From: Craig Nirosky <craign_at_telxon.mis.telxon.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1993 14:18:46 GMT

In article <CE66Gt.InD_at_knot.ccs.queensu.ca> Steve Frampton <2843600_at_jeff-lab.queensu.ca> writes:

>I am experiencing a strange problem when it comes to writing reports with
>'.' characters in the fields. It seems RPT/RPF adds extra spaces if it
>sees the '.' character. This makes for some strange looking reports:

Yes, RPT/RPF does change a period followed by a space into a period followed by two spaces. I do not know if this is a "feature" which follows the "typewriter convention" of leaving two spaces after the end of a sentence - or if it is just a bug.

In either case, it is a pain. The best work around I know is to make the column a few characters wider than necessary.

--
 cniro_at_telxon.com                               Craig Nirosky, MIS Dept.
 (216) 867-3700 x3651                           Telxon Corporation