Recover from an export on tape

From: <px3bois1_at_cine88.cineca.it>
Date: 30 Sep 93 19:10:34 +0100

Subject: Recovery of data from QIC tape

Dear Sirs,
I'm writing from an italian software house, and the matter of this msg is:   A customer of ours has made an export of an entire database directly on a QIC tape.
After rewinding the tape, he has made on it a cpio of a non-existant file, losing consequently the header of the precedent export file. We think that the very most part of the export is yet on the tape, but we have no idea of how to recovery all tht stuff. Can you give us an help?

Here are some technical informations:

SYSTEM:         Application DEC 433MP
OS:             SCO UNIX 3.2v2
TAPE DRIVE:     SCSI tape 320/525MB with no compression
ORACLE VERSION: 6.0.30.3 Our address is:
ADS S.p.A,
V. LAVORO 19
40127 BOLOGNA ITALY PHONE: 051/6307411
FAX: 051/248096