display attributes

From: Sean Stasica <stasica_at_stortek.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1993 22:39:55 GMT

Does anyone have some hints on setting the display attributes for a whole column? It seems that it is fairly easy to set the attribute of a field, but when applied to a column, it only changes the current field. All displayed rows may not necessarily contain data, so I don't really want to navigate and fill invalid records just to set the display attributes.

On that same note, is there anywhere (in oracle manuals) I can find where the display attributes are reset so I can set them back to what they should be? Or does anyone posess this knowledge? For example, on an enter-query it resets all attributes. It seems to me that once an attribute is set it should remain so until the program is exited or the attribute is reset by the programmer... but that's something I've already expressed to oracle.