SQL*PLUS, SQL.PNO, how to capture it

From: <dly_at_vms.macc.wisc.edu>
Date: 10 SEP 93 10:17:30

We're using ORACLE 7.0.12, on SunOS 4.1.3.

I'm trying to write a report using SQL*PLUS and in the title, the page numbers are printing out correctly using the SQL.PNO variable. After the report is finished, I want to store the number of pages in a table along with other report details.

How do I go about capturing SQL.PNO in a variable?

When I just try a simple insert:

insert into log_table(rep_no,create_date,pages) values
(rno,created,SQL.PNO);

Oracle complains that this column is not allowed here.

If I try to do this:
VARIABLE nump NUMBER
BEGIN
:nump := SQL.PNO;
insert into log_table(rep_no,create_date,pages) values
(rno,created,nump);

END; Oracle complains that the period was unexpected in SQL.PNO.

Anyone know who to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Debbie Yoshihara Received on Fri Sep 10 1993 - 10:17:30 CEST

Original text of this message