Re: sqlplus and the shell...

From: David Crowson <zdxc0d_at_amoco.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1993 04:55:24 CDT

In article 9fk_at_hsc.usc.edu, rpinder_at_hsc.usc.edu (Rich Pinder) writes:
-->Again...I'm new to oracle. Ive tried something that works well with Unify,
-->but behaves strange here in oracle:
-->
-->I issue this from the shell:
-->
-->sqlplus rpinder/mypass _at_ startfile | awk -f fixit

                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^  _at_startfile ,there should be no space

-->
-->
-->it starts and executes fine, but I get left in sqlplus - what I'd like to
-->have happen is exit the process and return to the shell.

and startfile should have your sqlplus stuff ion it and then an exit statement. e.g.

startfile

select *
from dual
/
exit
--------- end of file

---
David Crowson          | "Rude alert! Rude alert! An electrical fire
DBA (ORACLE V.4,5,6,7) | has knocked out my voice-recognition unicycle! Many
Amoco Exploration      | Wurlitzers are missing from my database! Abandon shop!
Ealing, London         | This is not a daffodil! Repeat: This is not a daffodil!"
dcrowson_at_amoco.com     | - Holly (Ship's computer on Red Dwarf)
"My views not Amoex's" |               =%^)