Accessing Oracle through Excel and Q+E

From: Mark Wattier <markw_at_atlas.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1993 22:11:30 GMT

Problem: I am trying to access Oracle databases over SQL*NET using Microsoft Excel with Q+E. When I run Q+E by itself, I can access the databases. When I try to do this by activating Q+E inside Excel, I get the error 3112: host string syntax error. I know that the login information I give it is good, because it is exactly the same as what I use from inside Q+E itself.

Versions:
Oracle : 6.0.33 running on Sequent Dynix 3.1 SQL*NET TCPIP for DOS V1.1
Windows 3.1
Excel Version 4.0
Q+E Version 5.0.2

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Received on Sat Sep 04 1993 - 00:11:30 CEST

Original text of this message