Re: QUESTION about SQL*NET for windows

From: Kari Hakkinen <karih_at_relatech.fi>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1993 11:26:51

>>Have anobody tried SQL*Net for Windows with Peter R. Tattam's shareware
>>WINSOCK?

>Yes, we have tried. So far with no luck.

>We have been in touch with Peter R. Tattam regarding this, and he said he would
>look into it, and that he'd build a debugging version of Trumpet Winsock for us
>to help isolate the problem. (We keep getting Oracle error message ORA-6120:
>"Network driver not loaded".)

I had the same error using SQL*Net for Windows with FTP Software's TCP/IP. The problem was that I didn't have the vsl.ini file in my Windows directory.

After I copied the vsl.ini file to my Windows directory I had no problem.

Maybe the vsl.ini file needs some updating when using Trumpet Winsock? Have you tried that?

Kari

Kari Hakkinen                  Internet: karih_at_relatech.fi
Relatech Ltd                   Tel:      +358-41-650205
                               Fax:      +358-41-650120