Re: sqlloader help

From: Florent Pillet <tomcat_at_email.teaser.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 23:14:07 GMT

tjw00_at_zombie.uucp (Tom Wye) writes:
> help!!!! sqlloader question
>
> fair warning my knowledge of sqlloader is limited..
> I've done simple loads with it, but I am unsure how to
> handle this or if it can handle this.
>
> My table looks like this:
> code char(5)
> icode char(6)
>
> My data file is comma delimited and looks like this:
>
> 12345,123-45 abc-de 987-65 iuy-xx,field3,field4,ect
> 76543,iio-cd uyt-54 frmt-mm 987-po iiu-pp,field3,field4,ect
>
> The second field is always delimited by space and the number of
> groupings in the second field is variable.
>
> based on this data I want my table to be populated like this:
>
> code icode
> ------ -----
> 12345 123-45
> 12345 abc-de
> 12345 987-65
> 12345 iuy-xx
> 76543 iio-cd
> 76543 uyt-54
> 76543 frt-mm
> 76543 987-po
>

> is this possible with sqlloader?
>
> also has anyone seen a better book on sqlloader other than the
> few chapters that are in the Utilities Users Guide?
>

> thanks

  You could use an intermediate solution by using some text-file handling   utility (PERL or AWK) to generate a file containing the correctly   formatted fields, or pipe the result directly into SQL*LOADER...

--

  Florent Pillet, freelance programmer.             ____/|
  Location: Paris, France.                          \ o O|