EXP INCTYPE problem in ORACLE7

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 25 Aug 93 07:29:54 EST

I am running ORACLE 7.0.13 on VMS 5.5-2 and am having a problem with using the INCTYPE parameter with EXP. I am getting no help from Oracle's tech support line (they haven't called me back in 4 days). Anyone having an similar problem?

When I run EXP like so:

        $ EXP / FILE=FULL_EXPORT.DMP FULL=Y INCTYPE=COMPLETE I get the following error at the end of the export.

. about to export _NEXT_USER's tables ...
. exporting referential integrity constraints
. exporting triggers
. exporting synonyms
. exporting views

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1 encountered
ORA-00001: unique constraint (SYS.I_INCEXP) violated
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

I_INCEXP is a unique index on the SYS.INCEXP. If I drop the index and run EXP, it completes successfully. When I query SYS.INCEXP to find out the duplicate rows, I see this:

SQL> select owner#,name,expid,count(*)
  2 from sys.incexp
  3 group by owner#,name,expid
  4 order by count(*) desc;

    OWNER# NAME                                EXPID   COUNT(*)
---------- ------------------------------ ---------- ----------
         2 FORM_APP                                1          2
         2 FORM_AUTHUSER                           1          2
         2 FORM_BLK                                1          2
         2 FORM_FLD                                1          2
         2 FORM_PROCEDURE                          1          2
         2 FORM_SQLTXT                             1          2
         2 FORM_TRIGGER                            1          2
         2 SRW_FKEY                                1          2
         2 SRW_PARAM                               1          2
         2 SRW_GROUP                               1          2
         2 SRW_TEXT_LONG                           1          2
         2 SRW_TEXT                                1          2
         2 SRW_SUMMARY                             1          2
         2 SRW_STE                                 1          2
         2 SRW_REPORT                              1          2
         2 SRW_QUERY                               1          2
         2 SRW_FIELD                               1          2
         2 FORM_TRG                                1          2
         2 FORM_PAGE                               1          2
         2 FORM_MAP                                1          2
         2 FORM_COMMENT                            1          2
         2 FORM_REFERENCE                          1          2

I do not have this problem with my ORACLE6 instances. The unique index I_INCEXP is in place in the ORACLE6 instance.

Any ideas?

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285