Re: Disable rollback segments?

From: Andrew Finkenstadt <andy_at_vistachrome.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1993 09:49:09 GMT

Another alternative to TRUNCATE TABLE (from version 7) that works under Version 6 is:

Assume you know the permissions on the table. You could make a SQL statement that creates the permissions if you needed to. (Inspect the view USER_TAB_GRANTS I think.) Assume you know the indexes on the table. You can make SQL statements that create the indexes you need. Inspect the view USER_INDEXES and USER_IND_COLUMNS (I think.)

SQL> drop older_table;
SQL> create table new_table as select * from old_table where 0=1;
SQL> rename old_table to older_table;
SQL> rename new_table to old_table;
SQL> grant permissions on old_table where necessary;
SQL> create indexes on old_table where necessary;

--
Andrew Finkenstadt  |  andy_at_{homes.com,vistachrome.com,genie.geis.com}
Systems Analyst     |  Vista-Chrome, Homes & Land Publishing Corporation
                    |  1600 Capital Circle SW, Tallahassee Florida 32310
+1 904-575-0189     |  GEnie Postmaster, Unix & Internet RoundTables Sysop