Another SQL*Loader question

From: Paul Schauble <pls_at_ctp1.quotron.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1993 01:51:39 GMT

I'm loading from an input file that is fixed format. I'd like to load the character fields without trailing spaces. Is deleting trailing spaces automatic in SQL*Loader? Or what do I need to do?

I'd also like fields that are all spaces to be loaded as NULL. I know I can do this with a field condition. Is the condition needed, or will an all blank character field automatically load as NULL? How about a delimited field that is all blanks? An enclosed field that is ""?

Thanks,

    ++PLS Received on Thu Aug 19 1993 - 03:51:39 CEST

Original text of this message