Visual Basic, ODBC and Oracle 6

From: Pundarik Ranchod <g89r4281_at_alpha.ru.ac.za>
Date: 18 Aug 93 17:43:01 GMT

Hi,

Is there an Oracle 6 driver available for Microsoft Visual Basic for Windows ?

We intend using Microsoft Visual Basic (Professional Edition) to develop applications that will access an Oracle Ver 6 database running on a SUN across a network.

Anybody have any experience with VB and Oracle ? From what I understand, there are ODBC drivers available with Visual Basic. Can Oracle 6 understand ODBC ?

Any information, suggestions, comments welcome.

Please post to this group, or email me at g89r4281_at_alpha.ru.ac.za or pranch_at_sunbird.ru.ac.za .

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
Pundarik

--

* Pundarik Ranchhod | pranch_at_sunbird.ru.ac.za
* Dept. of Information Systems | g89r4281_at_alpha.ru.ac.za