Re: Oracle 7 OCI call's & Mac

From: Rob MacDonell <robm_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1993 16:41:26 GMT

In article <CBwpCx.A81_at_vtm.be> gerrit_at_vtm.be writes:
>We have updated our development environment from oracle 6.0.36 to oracle
>7.0.12 on a RS/6000. There are a lot of new functionalities like passing an
>array or deferred parsing with the new oci calls. We also use SQL*Net from mac
>clients and we would like to try these new features from our mac's also.
>
>The problem is that new libraries containing the new oci calls seemed to be
>forgotten on a mac and nobody seems to now when they are going to be available
>on a mac.
>
>I thought that it was a Oracle policy to release newer version of their
>products on as much different platforms as possible ?
>
>Oracle guys working on the mac platform : WHEN DO WE GET OUR OCI CALLS ON MAC?
>
>--
>Gerrit Cap
>Vlaamse Televisie Maatschappij N.V. e-mail : gerrit_at_vtm.be
>Medialaan 1 fax : +32 2 253.12.21
>B-1800 Vilvoorde Belgium voice : +32 2 255.38.72

Hi,

I am currently writing an application supporting Oracle 6.0 OCI on the Mac. At some point in the future we will be going to Oracle 7.0., so I'd be very interested in anything you find out. I'd really appreciate if you could pass along any messages you recieve.

Thanks in advance,

--
Rob MacDonell
Aim 21, Inc.