SQL*Loader - curious

From: Karim Makhani <karim_at_cs.UAlberta.CA>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1993 17:06:29 GMT

Hi.

  I have a few questions on SQL*Loader 7.0.12.1.0.

  I was trying to read two data files into two different database tables all   from a single control file. This is not important - but rather an experiment   to see how this can be done? The SQL*Loader portion of the utilities manual   suggests that this can be done, but I failed to get this to work?

  My control file looks like the following:

      LOAD DATA
      INFILE 'data/course.dat' BADFILE 'course.bad' DISCARDFILE 'course.dsc'
      INFILE 'data/complete.dat' BADFILE 'complete.bad' DISCARDFILE 'complete.dsc'

      REPLACE

      INTO TABLE course
      FIELDS TERMINATED BY ";" OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'

(c_code,
c_desc, c_maxen integer external, c_iid, c_pcode ) INTO TABLE completed FIELDS TERMINATED BY ";" OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
(s_id,
c_code, c_date DATE "DD-Mon-YY", c_grade )

  Is it at all possible, or do I have to create a control file for each data   file that needs to be read in?

  Please email any suggestions to: karim_at_cs.ualberta.ca

     Thanks in advance.
     Karim.