Re: GRANTs (SQL*Plus & SQL*Forms)

From: <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1993 06:20:49 GMT

Mike Oswald (moswald_at_cwis.unomaha.edu) wrote:
: I have issued grants to allow some customers to UPDATE several columns in a
: table. The UPDATEs are handled via SQL*Plus. When I try to apply the same
: logic to fields displayed in a FoRM the UPDATEs fails. Is this because the
: customer has SELECT on all fields and only UPDATE on several of these fields
: and when SQL*Forms tries to update the columns/fields it is actually trying to
: update the whole record?

: Has anyone tried this? What am I missing?

: Mike Oswald _ o
: Univ. Of NE Medical Center ___\o_ __o <|\
: Computing Services/Telecomm ~~~~~~ _ \<_ _\
: 600 S. 42nd ST. (_)/(_) /
: Omaha NE 69198-5030

If you're speaking of SQL*Forms 2.3, then you need update rights on the whole record.

I also wanted install a set-up with only update rights on a few columns of a table and I had to generate a special form for this purpose with the other fields option "update allowed" dissabled.

LM

--
Leo Mannhart
Planning Office