Re: SQL Modules

From: Graeme Sargent <graeme_at_pyra.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1993 12:14:23 GMT

In <1993Aug11.215138.1_at_otago.ac.nz> is40511_at_otago.ac.nz writes:

>Greetings,
> In an Rdb/VMS environment I can create SQL Modules. The modules may
>contain one or more procedures, and can be linked into various programs in
>pretty much any host language. A SQL Module precompiler comes with Rdb.

>Is there anything like this in Oracle ? If there is I haven't been able to find
>it.

I have seen mention of something called SQL*Module which I think is what you describe. This is (sort of) documented in Appendix D of the PL/SQL manual but I can't find any trace of it in my 7.0.13 release. I think it must be a future (or it get left out by mistake or delays)!

I don't know whether it will be stand-alone, or part of the Procedural Option (or packaged some other way?).

graeme

--
Disclaimer:	The author's opinions are his own, and not necessarily
		those of Pyramid Technology Ltd. or Pyramid Technology Inc.