Re: SQL Windows and Oracle RDBMS

From: Chris Jack <chrisj_at_pro-data.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1993 20:07:23 +0000

In article <1993Jul28.080557.748_at_news.cs.tut.fi> jht_at_cs.tut.fi writes:

> What's the broblem with SQL Windows and Oracle RDBMS?
>
> Has anyone run to a similar problem or does anyone have a working
> configuration like mine. My problem is SQLRUN, which tends to
> collapse occasionally. While running an application compiled to
> EXE I get following error messages:
>
> > Application Error
> >
> > SQLRUN caused General Protection Fault in
> > module SQLORAW.DLL at 000F:025A
> >
> > <Close>
> PC-NFS 4.0a
> SQL*Net 1.1.7.5
> SQL Windows 3.1.2 (Single User App Dev System)
> Oracle Router 2.0.1

It's very easy to blame the Gupta Oracle Router in these circumstances. My experience of crashes of this nature are that it is as likely to be either the network or SQL*Net.

I also almost only get crashes when I either do a non-standard termination or have a memory corruption program bug. Past that it is hard to give any predictions without looking further at your application.

I would suggest you upgrade to the latest version of SQLWindows 3.1 and Oracle router 2.0 (or go to SW 4.0 and OR 2.1). If you still have problems I would suggest you try the Gupta Compuserv forum where you can talk to the people who wrote the thing for further advice.

BTW, you know Gupta is going to stop supporting the gateway...

Regards

--
Chris Jack