V7 2-Phase Commit

From: Bridget Mahoney <bmaho_at_ctp.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1993 18:16:42 GMT

Hello, all.

I have a few questions regarding the Two-Phase Commit mechanism in version 7 (distributed) that I'm hoping someone out there can answer.

  1. What exactly happens to the table locks during a two-phase commit failure? That is, is a user at any site in the network affected by the failure once the Pending Transaction Table gets written? I know that the Recoverer attempts to recover the local portion of each in-doubt distributed transaction, but how does this affect the user?
  2. Has anyone been using the two-phase commit mechanism successfully?
  3. What has been your experience with Oracle's support of the two-phase commit and distributed database functionaliy?

Any help and/or advice can be sent to me directly at bmaho_at_ctp.com, or you can follow-up here so others can benefit from your wise words.

Thanks in advance,

--Bridget

--

" Bridget Mahoney " Cambridge Technology Partners, Inc. "
" email:bmaho_at_ctp.com " Cambridge, MA 02139 617-374-8232 "