V$Access Question

From: Philip C. Blain <blain_at_shell.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1993 21:02:12 GMT

I was wondering how a mere mortal programmer 8-) can have the application name show up in the DBA monitoring tools (instead of the ambiguous '?'. The Oracle processes show up as

        mrunform30_at_mymachine ora pid: 2001
and so forth. I noticed one day when we made some changes to a runform binary that its name changed in the monitor. Does anybody know where that information is obtained, or can be set so that we can tell exactly which application is being run by the users?

Thanks, -phil- Received on Thu Aug 05 1993 - 23:02:12 CEST

Original text of this message