Re: Oracle V7 Runtime error message

From: Rick van Ek <jhelberg_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1993 12:29:04 GMT

Rick Tan (rtan_at_polarispolaris.uts.amdahl.com) wrote:
: I just ported my V6.036 applications to V7 and got the following message

: ORA-01405: fetched column value is NULL

: in several places. The documentation says that using MODE=ORACLE will
: get rid of this problem without resorting to the use of indicators.
: I tried doing this and didn't work for me. Can someone suggest a
: way of resolving this?

: Thanks.

Your IUG should state in chapter ``release notes'':

If you retrieve rows containing NULL elements, you will see the error ORA-1405. To disable this feature, use the precompiler option "dbms=6" or change your code (for example, use the NVL function).

Have fun! Received on Wed Aug 04 1993 - 14:29:04 CEST

Original text of this message