PL/SQL - does it do all sql statements???????

From: John R Labonte <jrl1_at_kepler.unh.edu>
Date: 30 Jul 1993 18:23:03 GMT

    I am using PL/SQL version 1.0.33.1.1 with ORACLE 6.0.33.2.1 and am having a problem with some common SQL statements. The manual indicates that all sql statements are supported. When I try to use an ordinary select statement without doing an "INTO" I get back a parse error. Also the PROMPT command doesn't make it through the parse.

Is it the case that only a subset of SQL is supported when doing PL/SQL?

                                                John
                                                University of NH

PS I am doing this in UNIX on a SUN. Received on Fri Jul 30 1993 - 20:23:03 CEST

Original text of this message