Installation of Oracle 6.0.37 on AIX 3.2

From: Jim Breedlove <jrb_at_daffyCorte-Madera.GeoQuest.SLB.COM>
Date: 23 Jul 1993 22:16:37 GMT

Do anybody have any experience with installing this version of oracle on RS 6000? I have just tried, and got the following problems:

I have installed Oracle core + SQL*Net. When trying to relink the applications, the following symbols are undefined: .snactl, .snadeal, .snaread, .snalloc, .snaopen and .snaclse. These symbols are referred from $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/libsqlnet.a. The installation procedure is looking the library /lib/libsna.a. Is it required to have this lib. installed? The oracle installation manual doesn't say anything about that.

Please respond to vaarvik_at_corte-madera.geoquest.slb.com.

Thanks,

Geir Helge Vaarvik Received on Sat Jul 24 1993 - 00:16:37 CEST

Original text of this message