spaces & nulls in sqlforms & fields?

From: Claude Allard <callard_at_vnet.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 93 07:54:10 EDT

I have a form with many fields which the user has to key into. Some fields have a key-nxtfld trigger which automatically populates the field with data if the fields value is null. In other words if the operator hits tab without inputing any data the field is null and a value will automatically be inserted.

My problem is that if the operator decides they do not want a value in that field afterwards keying in a SPACE does not result in a space. Oracle translates the space to a null and then my logic determines it is time to populate the field.

Is there a way to capture that a space was keyed into the field?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Claude Allard Received on Fri Jul 23 1993 - 13:54:10 CEST

Original text of this message