Re: Calling form in other directory (SQL*Forms 2.3)

From: David N McCann <cs91dnm_at_brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1993 16:05:38 GMT

Hi,

        Just a brief not to all those of you who sent me ideas to solve my problem. The answer is quite simple (if a little annonying)

to CALL /home/fred/formname

you have to put the form's name in a variable (or a hidden field) and then do this :-

CALL &Global.formname

(assuming you put '/home/fred/formname' into GLOBAL.formname

I should point out though that this is NOT portable. By using this technique your application will need to have these lines changed if it is ever moved to a different operating system. (Moves between UNIX variants should be O.K.) I recommend storing this info in a file (perhaps a ORACLE table ?) so that it can be changed easily (i.e. no need to re-generate forms.)

        Thanks again,

                        David McCann Received on Wed Jul 21 1993 - 18:05:38 CEST

Original text of this message