restarting oracle at boot time

From: Suzanne Irvine <suzannei_at_nsa.bt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1993 08:34:45 GMT

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a little problem which is driving me crazy. We are running oracle RDBMS V6 on Sparc 10 under sunOS 4.1.3. Unfortunately, the oracle database does not come up when the machine is rebooted. Could someone please let me know what I've done wrong. The /etc/oratab file looks like this

#
# This file is used by ORACLE utilities. It is created by root.install
# and updated by rdbms.install and the Net* installation scripts.
#
# A colon, ':', is used as the field terminator. A new line terminates
# the entry. Lines beginning with a pound sign, '#', are comments.
#
# Entries are of the form:
# $ORACLE_SID:$ORACLE_HOME:<N|Y>:
#
# The first and second fields are the system identifier and home
# directory of the database respectively. The third field indicates
# to the dbstart utility that the database should, "Y", or should not,
# "N", be brought up at system boot time.
#
# Multiple entries with the same $ORACLE_SID are not allowed.
#
#

school:/md/oracle:Y

Thanks in advance,
-Suzanne Received on Tue Jul 20 1993 - 10:34:45 CEST

Original text of this message