Re: Question about indexes (indices)

From: David Benua <dbenua_at_panix.com>
Date: 15 Jul 1993 04:03:31 -0400

In <39336_at_oasys.dt.navy.mil> owens_at_oasys.dt.navy.mil (Jacqueline Owens) writes: [snip snip]

>Question:   Why can't I drop the index under my username when in fact

> the data dictionary table (namely user_tab_grants) says
> that I have index_priv (Permission to create/drop an index
> on the object)? Btw, I am aware that the DROP INDEX command
> states that I must be the owner of the index or have DBA
> priv's.

> Did they mean to say: INDEX_PRIV - Permission to create
> an index on the object only?
No, this is not an error. You can create an index and drop any index that you create. You can't drop anyone else's index unless you are DBA. Makes perfect sense to me.

Dave B.

--
David Benua                  Internet: dbenua_at_panix.com
	                   Compu$erve: 72630,1416