Need Help!!

From: David Dowling <dowling_at_dub-tse.comm.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1993 13:32:09 GMT

Hello!

I asked for help a while back and got a great response, so I hope you will help me out again.

I'm using Pro*C to access Oracle to create tables and work on these tables to produce figures.

The one thing I'm having bother with is passing dates into Oracle from C. I'm trying to create a temporary table that will store results between certain dates that an operator will enter. I'm declaring the date as a VARCHAR, and use the following:

printf("\n please enter start date : "); scanf("%s",startdate.arr);
startdate.len=strlen(startdate.arr);

I then try to use startdate as a variable passed into Oracle to select certain results by date.

I feel it should be simple, enter date, create a table that contains all results from the main table since that date. The only thing is, I can't get it working. I'm not very familiar with C or Oracle so I may be doing something stupid. Could someoone please give me an example of how I should be doing this.

Thanks for any help you can give, Please post here or mail me at the addresses below. David.

! David Dowling, Test Lab, Motorola B.V, Co. Dublin, Ireland. BTFH !
! email to "cdd005_at_email.mot.com" or "dowling_at_dub-tse.comm.mot.com" !
! Flames to "youarea_at_buttocks.crevice" ;-) !