reading long raw data

From: Andreas Kromke <and_at_thor.mim.uni-hannover.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1993 07:32:07 GMT

I have a problem storing binary data with ORACLE. I created a table with a "long raw" column and inserted a row by writing 'ABCDEF' for the "long raw" data. Until now I didn't manage to start a valid query for this table:

select data             doesn't work
select rawtohex(data)   doesn't work
Pro*C with VARCHAR      doesn't work
Pro*C with RAW          is not processed by the precompiler
Pro*C with LONG, VARRAW usw. are not processed by the precompiler, but
                        the datatypes are mentioned in the manual.
What shall I do to extract my data from my table. Or are "raw long" a kind of "write only memory (WOM)?"
I (have to!) use a 386 Intel-PC and Oracle 6.0. Received on Mon Jul 05 1993 - 09:32:07 CEST

Original text of this message