Scroll region in Forms

From: <rcivan_at_urc.tue.nl>
Date: 5 Jul 93 19:30:32 MET

Scroll Regions in SQL*Forms.

I am writing an forms application meant for students on the university. This applications gives information on courses and consists of several fields. One of these fields is of the LONG type and contains the description of the selected course.
The average size of the field contents is about 1000 bytes.

In entering the LONG field I could bring the field in EDIT mode. This makes it possible to display several wrapped lines of the text in the field.
The multi line display of the field disappears however as soon as the cursor leaves the field.
I would like to display the text in the long field all the time, not just during the time the long field is current. The solution should ideally be similar to the way trigger text in SQL*Forms designer is treated.
Suggestions are very welcome.
Thank you in advance.

                              Ivan

Ivan Saez Scheihing , Eindhoven University of Technology Computing Centre 1.62, +31 40 474428
P.O.Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands E-Mail: rcivan_at_urc.tue.nl Received on Mon Jul 05 1993 - 20:30:32 CEST

Original text of this message