SQL*Forms Stack Dump (PC)

From: <glasstetter_at_bmcw.com>
Date: 1 Jul 93 09:09:24 MDT

                              HELP !!!!!

	I'm working with ORACLE 6 on the PC developing a Budgeting Application.
I've got one form that apparently is trashing some limit that ORACLE has on the PC. This form had been rather complex, but after it started stack dumping, I trimmed it down to find out where the problem was.

Currently, the form has 5 blocks with an average 7 fields per block. 4 blocks are based on complex views, the other has no base table. My KEY-STARTUP trigger

  1. Selects Total Sales into a form variable.
  2. Executes a query on each of the blocks (with a base table).

SQLFORMS generally pukes at the 4th execute query. If it doesn't, then it pukes on exiting. (By puke, I mean a Protection Exception Symbolic Stack Dump).

I've reinstalled the database (several times) thinking it might be corrupt. I've retyped in these 1st 5 blocks into a new form. - same problem. I can query all the views from SQL*PLUS without problem. I've been on the phone with ORACLE several days (and will be again today).

I'm convinced that I'm pushing some sort of PC limit, because when I port the application to our VAX, it works fine.

My PC has 16 Meg of extended memory (I give it all to ORACLE). I can't find anything in the "Constraint" section of my manual that seems applicable.

Does anyone out there have any insight ? I would greatly appriciate your help.

                        THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!

Dan Glasstetter      |      If you can keep your head while all those around
BMC West Corp.       |      you are losing theirs...Perhaps you have
Boise, Idaho         |      misunderstood the situation.
(208) 387-4385       |

glasstetter_at_bmc.com |