Re: look_up Pop_Up in SQL*Forms 2.3

From: Mike Oswald <moswald_at_cwis.unomaha.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1993 15:38:45 GMT

Since pop-pages and pop-forms is not available in FoRMs v2.3 so you are left with developing a multi-record form that will do the list-of-vals (LOV) for you. I did this alot in v2.3 by using a dummy field as column one. This field was enterable though not a database field. The other fields where displayed but the update option was turned off. Often times I would pass a portion of the field data to the calling (LOV) form to help decrease the number of options available to the user. If you do this you need another block in the LOV form to store temporary variables for your WHERE clause.

If your still having trouble or have addtional questions let me know.

Mike. Received on Mon Jun 21 1993 - 17:38:45 CEST

Original text of this message