DBKit question (Relationships b/w dbmodels?)

From: Robert Nicholson <robert_at_steffi.demon.co.uk>
Date: 13 Jun 1993 12:45:28 +0100

A couple of people have told me that DBKit supports relationships over different servers. This is something I'll believe when I see it. However, one person mentioned that in his only attempt to do this he had to hand code the DBAssociation to the second DBFetchGroup. He suggested that perhaps it could be specified without any code by dragging relationships b/w different dbmodels in DBModeller. Can anybody confirm that DBModeller support's this? I am skeptical because the choice of which adaptor to use is part of the entire apps preferences isn't it??? So I don't know how things would work if you tried to do this within the same copy of DBModeller running. However can it be done with different copies of DBModeller running. Obviously for sake of simplicity it would be nice if I could specify which relationship existed b/w which servers in IB and DBModeller only. However, if I can only do this in code I'm not too concerned.

Can anybody confirm that they have done this and are happy with the implementation? This is something NeXT should really sell DBKit on if it can since I wasn't aware of it from reading the DBKit literature.

--
	Real programmers don't create classes, they build hierarchies.
				    (me)