Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA) for Oracle7

From: John Adams <jadams_at_austin.slcs.slb.com>
Date: 9 Jun 1993 22:56:39 GMT

I am attempting to install Oracle Version 7.0.12.1 on AIX using the OFA as described in the Installation and Configuration Guide. There are many holes, contradictions, and obvious errors in the documentation. There is no one at Oracle Technical Support who has ever installed Oracle7 using the OFA or even read Cary Milsap's paper on the topic (#513 at IOUW '91).

If anyone out there has successfully implemented the OFA (or even made a serious attempt), please contact me to compare notes. Thank you.

John Adams
512/331-3753 Received on Thu Jun 10 1993 - 00:56:39 CEST

Original text of this message