Re: Multiple Databases

From: Nilo Segura <nilo_at_orion.cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1993 12:20:45 GMT

In article <1993Jun7.200236.20407_at_rtsg.mot.com>, tim_at_sol.rtsg.mot.com (tim michael-CSG PGM) writes:

> I have created 3 databases from scratch on our Motorola box
> and upon bootup, the first database starts normally and the
> remaining 2 fail with the following message:
>
> ORA-07279: spcre: semget error, unable to get first semaphore set.
> UniSoft UNIX/88 Error: 28: No space left on device
> Additional information: 1
>
> The oerr command produces the following info:
>
> 07279, 00000, "spcre: semget error, unable to get first semaphore set."
> // *Cause: An error occured when trying to get first semaphore set.
> // *Action: Check errno. Verify that system is configured to have semaphores.
> // Verify that enough semaphores are available. Additional information
> // indicates how many semaphores were requested.
>

> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --

It seems that your system is running out of semaphores; your system is configured to support only 1 database, I mean, it has sempahores for one RUNNING database. If you want more running data bases, you have to increase this number.

Check the Oracle Installation guide to know how many semaphores you should define in order to have several data bases running. This task, you will have to do it jointly with your kind Unix System Adm ( it will require to touch some parts of the system configuration files and probably reboot, this, of course, depends on the system ).

Hope it will help. Received on Tue Jun 08 1993 - 14:20:45 CEST

Original text of this message