annoying message: Foreign key value does not currently exist

From: <dly_at_vms.macc.wisc.edu>
Date: 3 JUN 93 14:27:28

We are using RDBMS 7.0.12, on SunOS 4.1.3, SQL*FORMS 3.0.

We have references on some of our fields in our table definitions. When we use the default form with constraints, we get some nice on-validate-field triggers automatically written for us. HOWEVER... we would like to add a beep and change the cryptic message: Foreign key value does not currently exist in the primary key table. to something like:
Invalid value, check list of values.

Besides mass changing the .INP file, is there a general way to do this? Oracle Tech support says no, however I distrust their technical advice on programming issues.

We've played around with the on-message trigger, but with no luck. Any other ideas?

  • Debbie Yoshihara Department of Biostatistics