SQL*Net WIN (Here we go again...)

From: Gary Eckhardt <eckhardg_at_brooks.af.mil>
Date: 19 May 1993 21:01:06 GMT

Ok, folks: Here's the latest on our dilemma:

We have installed:

   Sun PC/NFS, Version 4.0a
   SQL*Net for Windows , V1.0
   SQL*Plus for Windows, Beta
    (And the rest of the CDE stuff from CODA...)

When we try running any Oracle product from Windows, it spits out the error message : ORA-6106: socket creation failed.

We have tried both methods of invoking SQL*Net, through the automatic .DLL loads and loading the MNFS40A.EXE in our AUTOEXEC.BAT, both with exactly the same results.

We have looked through all the installation and setup procedures for SQL*Net and the other products, and everything seems to be fine. Any ideas?

---

Gary B. Eckhardt                |  Software Development  |  This space for
Computer Sciences Corporation   |  MISTS HSC Support     |  rent or lease.
eckhardg_at_radon.brooks.af.mil    |  (210) 536-2826        |  (Cheap!)

   "If the world was a logical place, all cowboys would ride side-saddle."
                         --Ranger Doug, "The Riders In The Sky"