Re: FROMS40 AND CASE 5.1

From: Simon Stow <sstow_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: 19 May 93 06:45:26 GMT

SS>It will be available, production, on MS-Windows in September 1993,
SS>with other major platforms (Unix, VMS, etc.) following shortly
SS>after.

JH> Simon, is this in preparation for the release of NT, or do you seriously
JH> expect Windows to provide the horsepower necessary to power the product?
JH> I can see CASE*Designer slowing to a crawl on a video controller with JH> less than 1MB on it.

ss> Both.

We see Windows NT is the more appropriate platform for the development environment. It is Oracle's intention to deliver the CASE products on NT just as soon as we can.

CASE*Designer 1.1 is being engineered specifically for Windows 3.1. However, as you rightly point out, it is still true that the PC required will not be a trivial one. I can't yet supply exact hardware requirements.

Regards

	Simon Stow
	Product Manager
	CASE Worldwide Marketing