Re: sqlloader

From: Dave Mausner <dlm_at_dlogics.dlogics.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1993 13:38:53

In article <27s1022143CW01_at_JUTS.ccc.amdahl.com> tjw00_at_zombie.uucp (Tom Wye) writes:

> SQLLOADER comma delimited file
>
> I dont want to load every field, so how do I tell SQLLOADER to skip over
> certain fields. I have used the position(*+1) but that only skips over
> one character not one field?

for each field to skip, specify a column in the table whose value is the last good field in the data record. sqlldr loads the skipped field values into the specified column (in memory), finally loads the last good field value into it, then inserts the row. this is how i solved this problem.

--
Dave Mausner / Sr Consultant / Datalogics division of Frame Technology Inc
441 W Huron / Chicago IL 60610 / +1-312-266-4450 / "Just show me the code"