OCI with stored procedures (Oracle 7 PL/SQL 2.0)

From: Pavan Muzumdar <pmuzu_at_ctp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1993 22:42:00 GMT

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I am using the Oracle Call Interface for Oracle Version 7.0.12.0 with the procedural option PL/SQL 2.0.14.0.

I have a stored procedure that updates a table. When I hard code the data in the command parsed by the oparse() call, the insert works fine. When I try to bind a placeholder for the argument in the stored procedure, the program hangs (No Activity) at the oexec() command. I don't receive any error code from the function.

I have tried a lot of the possible combinations i.e. obndrv(), obndra(), etc. Regular SQL statements are parsed and executed using the same parse, bind and execute calls.

I have spent a lot of time on this and feel I have covered all the bases.

Has anyone faced such a problem?

An email reply would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Pavan Muzumdar. Received on Wed May 19 1993 - 00:42:00 CEST

Original text of this message