WHICH DATABASE TO USE?

From: Jared Hecker <jared.hecker_at_factory.com>
Date: 11 May 93 21:54:00 GMT

TP>1. Can be easily customized to generate mail orders and mailing lists.
TP>2. Should possess a SQL or some kind of query language, a forms and a
TP>   customized reports interface.
TP>3. Should have an interactive interface with a high level standard coding
TP>   language, preferably C.

I would be surprised if you couldn't find a canned, customizable package that would meet your needs. There are many of them available for the mail order/directmail business.

If you really want to toll it yourself I would look at Paradox or Foxpro before I'd look at Oracle. Even Access or Approach can probably do what you need. Unless you plan to have a large, large database, you have no need of something as powerful as Oracle.

hth

jh

---
 . MR/2 1.39x NR . OS/2'ing it ...but feeling the hot rancid breath of NT