HELP: SQL*Net, TCP/IP installation on NeXT

From: Neil Greene <neil_at_kynug.org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1993 13:14:13 GMT

I must be missing something fundamentally wrong while trying to install SQL*Net (TCP/IP) for Oracle 6.x.x on my NeXT.

I am doing the following:

  1. Running oracle.install as "root"
    > deepthought/install# ./oracle.install tcp

This completes successfully

2) Running oracle.install as "oracle"
> deepthought/install# ./oracle.install tcp

This completes successfully. But, there is no new "oracle" binary anywhere to be found. It says it is relinking the oracle executables with SQL*Net drivers, but it never builds them.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to comment now. I will look through the install logs for a more detailed analysis.

--
Neil Greene
President, Kentucky NeXT User Group, Inc.