Re: ?How to update one table based on another (efficiently)

From: <CHARLESW_at_QUCDN.QueensU.CA>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1993 15:46:50 EDT

In his reply, Roderick Manalac says:

> Point well taken. To add to it, in Charles' version, Oracle will return
> an error if there is more than one row AnotherTable. My case would
> say that ('12', '34', '56') <> ('1', '2345', '6') when the concaten-
> ation of the three would be equal which may or may not be what the
> original poster wanted. ;)

  Thanks for your comments. The original columns are "not null" and have fairly long strings that will not lead to the problem mentioned above, however these are definitely appropriate things to consider when extending the solution to the general case.

  Once again thanks to everyone who replied.

.../dave Dave Charlesworth Received on Fri May 07 1993 - 21:46:50 CEST

Original text of this message