Wanted: Help on Oracle List Boxes

From: rex allan jones <raj2_at_Isis.MsState.Edu>
Date: 6 May 93 00:22:35 GMT

Hi all,

        We are running Oracle 6.0.36.1.1 and Forms 3.0 on a HP Model 750 running HP-UX 8.07. We have several questions concerning the generation and use of list boxes.

  1. How do we highlight multiple selections in a list box fed from a database? (ie, highlight three selections and then hit the "enter" button to go off and do something)
  2. What mechanism is used to pull up a list box from the selection from another list box? (ie, select a field on the list box and have another list box pop up) Can we use the same mechanism to pop up a form from a list box?
  3. Is there a mechanism by which we can place buttons on a list box? (ie, a "delete" button)

        Any and all help is appreciated greatly! We are all newbies to Oracle, and these questions have us stumped.

        Thanks again!

--
Rex Jones                      | "After all the jacks are in their boxes,
Software Engineer              |  and the clowns have all gone to bed,